Three more elephants killed in collision with train
Posted in Local News
Three elephants were killed last night after being knocked down by the train traveling along the Batticaloa –Colombo route near Welikanda, the Police said.
According to the Railway Control Room, the collision had occurred at around 9.35 pm last night (06) at Namalgama, between Welikanda and Punani.
They said the train had derailed in the accident and the train services between Colombo and Batticaloa have been disrupted.
A special team has been deployed to restore the railway track following the accident, stated the Railway Control Room.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
This should be stopped by the respective authority.
Should request the drivers to go slowly or add a fence to prevent such sad situations.
Or build a bridge to cross over with appropriate fence.
Those things can be stopped without much affects.