Three youths dead in collision with Puttalam SP’s jeep
Three persons from the same family died after a three-wheeler collided with the official vehicle of the Superintendent of Police (SP) in charge of Puttalam Division last night.
The accident had taken place in Karikattiya, Madurankuliya on the Puttalam-Chilaw main road at around midnight yesterday (14).
The deceased have been identified as Sirimal Madusanka (18), Akila Madushan (21) and Dilan Madusanka (25), members of the same family and residents of Marichchikattuwa in Mangala Eliya, Ada Derana reporter said.
The SP in charge of Puttalam Division was traveling in the vehicle at the time of the accident and had been returning to Puttalam after attending a ceremony at the Mundalama Police Station.
The three youths were traveling in the three-wheeler from Puttalam to Chilaw.
The three-wheeler had suddenly toppled on the road and collided with the oncoming police jeep.
Police said the area had been experiencing showers at the time of the incident and suspect that the slippery road may have caused the accident.
The Puttalam SP’s driver and the vehicle involved in the collision have been taken into custody by Mundalam Police while further investigations are ongoing.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023