TID arrests two men for spreading extremism
Posted in Local News
The Terrorist Investigation Division (TID) yesterday arrested two suspects who were involved in promoting various ideologies relating to extremism and terrorism using social media.
Police Media Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said a 46-year-old man from Matale was arrested yesterday for promoting extremist and radicalist ideologies in the country via social media.
In the meantime, the other suspect, 49-year-old man who was arrested in Batticaloa was identified as a close associate of the ringleader of Easter Sunday terror attacks Zahran Hashim.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023