Train services suspended as Kandy railway station flooded
The train services from Kandy have been suspended as the Kandy railway station is flooded due to heavy rains, the Department of Railways announced.
Meanwhile it also said minor rock and earth slips may disrupt services on the up-country line.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023