Train services suspended as Kandy railway station flooded
Posted in Local News
The train services from Kandy have been suspended as the Kandy railway station is flooded due to heavy rains, the Department of Railways announced.
Meanwhile it also said minor rock and earth slips may disrupt services on the up-country line.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
first time in the history kandy station flooded, drains not cleaned in time all blocked so naturally this will happen we wait for disasters to then take action, guess the rainwater drains would not have been repaired or new ones added since the British handed over the country to us. no wonder we are the wonder of the world.