Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya
A train derailed on the coastal line between Kollupitiya and Bambalapitiya this morning (September 27), causing a delay in operations on the coastal line, the Railways Department said.
Accordingly, it said that a train bound for Moratuwa from Mahawa had derailed near the Kollupitiya railway station.
Steps are being taken to rectify the situation as soon as possible, the department further said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023