Travel ban on KP
Posted in Local News
Court of Appeal has issued an order preventing Kumaran Pathmanathan alias KP from leaving the country.
KP was the international arms procurer of the LTTE and believed to be operating freely in the North under the previous regime.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
why a travel ban? he should be arrested on sight. The entire world knows who KP is
he should be arrested on sight and brought to justice.he cant be exempted from the rule of law can he?
KP was a Tiger and is reponsible for thousands of lives lost during the past 30 yrs of war. How about Karuna and PIllayan, why does the JVPnot raise this question, to arrest these two too, they were too responsible for the killings of thusands.
Why only a travel ban on this person? Isn’t he on Interpol’s Red List? India has made repeated requests for his extradition but the previous regime simply ignored the requests. And I shocked he continues to roam the country as a free citizen.
There are other LTT related “rehabilitated” persons such as former Ministers, Karuna and Pilliyan and Douglas Devanada, who are freely roaming the country in the Yahapalanaya era. Shame.
These persons should be charged for crimes against humanity of the highest order and isolated from society. What has the Yahapalanaya Minister for Justice doing?