TRC instructs to slow internet speeds
Posted in Local News
The Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) of Sri Lanka has instructed internet service providers to restrain internet access in the Kandy District.
The social media in the country is now being filtered as requested by the Defence Ministry so as to prevent transmitting fake news or rumours that instill a fear psychosis or a threat to communal harmony, the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) said.
In order to carry this out the service providers have been instructed to control the internet speed, he said. Due to this internet users in Kandy will experience a decrease in internet speeds, however this will be restored to normal within the day, the spokesman said.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023