TRC Levy Removed, Duty on Vehicles Reduced
The Finance Ministry announced today that it would remove 10% TRC levy on Internet Services.
It said that in response, service providers had agreed to increase data by 10%.
Meanwhile, the Finance Ministry also said it would reduced excise duty on motorcycles less than 150 cc by 90%.
Excise duty on lorries and single cabs by Rs. 300, 000, the Finance Ministry said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023