TRC TO INTRODUCE NEW SOFTWARE TO BLOCK WEBSITES WITH LEWD CONTENT
November 03, 2010: The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (TRC) has decided to introduce a new software to prevent children from accessing websites with lewd content.
“Steps will be taken to introduce this software in the near future,” said Anusha Pelpitiya, Director General of the Commission.
The TRC has sought the assistance of the computer unit at the University of Colombo for this purpose.
Meanwhile, the TRC has taken steps to block more than 700 websites with lewd content.
These measures are being taken following an order issued by the Juvenile Court in Battaramulla.
Pelpita added that internet service providers had also been informed in writing with regard to those developments.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023