Two dead, one injured in accidental trap gun discharge
Two persons aged 60 and 46 years were killed when a trap gun set up for hunting triggered in the Muriyakalla tank grounds in Tirappane, Anuradhapura last evening (September 23).
According to reports, a third person, who was with the aforesaid two men, was injured when another trap-gun was discharged on his way back into the jungle after seeking help from the villagers.
He was hospitalized following the incident.
A suspect has been arrested by the Tirappane Police in connection to the incident while several suspicious items in his possession have been seized.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023