Two Government departments in Sri Lanka liquidated
Sri Lanka Government has issued an extraordinary gazette informing the closure of liquidation of the Department of Telecommunication and Internal Trade Department.
The gazette was issued by the Ministry of Finance, Economic Stabilization, and National Policies.
The Internal Trade Department was established under the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act (No. 01 of 1979), which was repealed by the Consumer Affairs Authority Act, No. 9 of 2003 with the establishment of the Consumer Affairs Authority.
Meanwhile, the Telecommunication Department was converted into a corporation established by an incorporation order made under Section 02, State Industrial Corporation Act, No. 49 of 1957 and published in the Extraordinary Gazette No. 596/11 of 06 February 1990.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023