Two inmates at Galle Prison died, 05 hospitalised due to unidentified illness
Two inmates at the Galle Prison have died while five others have been hospitalised due to an unidentified illness, the Prisons Spokesman said.
Furthermore, he mentioned that five inmates have also been admitted to the Karapitiya Hospital for treatment and investigations are underway to identify the infection.
Meanwhile, the Prisons Department has taken measures to wear face masks in the prison as a safety measure to protect against the unidentified epidemic.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023