Two Kolonnawa Councillors arrested over theft
Posted in Local News
Two Kolonnawa Urban Councillors have been arrested over the theft of a machine from a plot of land belonging to the Paddy Marketing Board in Wellampitiya.
The two suspects will be produced before the Colombo Hulftsdorp Magistrate’s Court today.
Police said two suspects, 50 and 52-year-old individuals, were initially arrested following investigations into the theft.
The Wellampitiya Police Station had received a complaint on 11th of June following which an investigation headed by the Officer in Charge was conducted resulting in the arrest of the suspects who transported and purchased the machine.
The duo was remanded after being produced before Court.
(Source: News Radio)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023