Two Kolonnawa Councillors arrested over theft
Two Kolonnawa Urban Councillors have been arrested over the theft of a machine from a plot of land belonging to the Paddy Marketing Board in Wellampitiya.
The two suspects will be produced before the Colombo Hulftsdorp Magistrate’s Court today.
Police said two suspects, 50 and 52-year-old individuals, were initially arrested following investigations into the theft.
The Wellampitiya Police Station had received a complaint on 11th of June following which an investigation headed by the Officer in Charge was conducted resulting in the arrest of the suspects who transported and purchased the machine.
The duo was remanded after being produced before Court.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023