Two May Day rally attendees die suddenly
Posted in Local News
Two supporters who attended the Labour Day rally of the Joint Opposition in Galle Face Green today (May 01) passed away after being rushed to hospital due to suddenly falling ill during the event.
Director of the Colombo National Hospital Dr Anil Jasingha said that they were both pronounced dead on admission to the hospital.
He stated that the causes of death can be determined only after the postmortem examination.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023