Two May Day rally attendees die suddenly
Two supporters who attended the Labour Day rally of the Joint Opposition in Galle Face Green today (May 01) passed away after being rushed to hospital due to suddenly falling ill during the event.
Director of the Colombo National Hospital Dr Anil Jasingha said that they were both pronounced dead on admission to the hospital.
He stated that the causes of death can be determined only after the postmortem examination.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023