Two More Weeks of Travel Restrictions Likely – Deputy DGHS
Posted in Local News
Deputy DG of Health Services Dr. Hemantha Herath says if the public intentionally flout the ongoing travel restrictions, imposed to curb the spread of the third wave of the COVID19 pandemic, then there would be no alternative left for the health authorities but to further extend the restrictions for a further fortnight.
He said the rate of new infections to the virus has shown a drastic reduction compared to the past few weeks but stressed that it was imperative that the masses follow the health guidelines and stick to the travel restrictions 24/7.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Sanduni Gamarachchi)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023