U.S. Treasury Secretary speaks to Sri Lanka President & expresses support
U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen on Monday spoke with Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe and expressed support for Sri Lanka’s steps towards an IMF-supported program to advance economic reform and achieve a strong and durable recovery.
According to the US State Department of Treasury, the Secretary welcomed Sri Lanka’s commitments to transparency and comparable treatment for all bilateral official and private creditors.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023