UN Assistant Secretary-General to visit Sri Lanka
United Nations Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs, Mr. Miroslav Jenča, will be visiting Sri Lanka today (21) on a four-day official visit.
The visit follows recent discussions between the Secretary-General and President Sirisena on the margins of the General Assembly high-level meetings in New York.
Mr. Jenča’s visit will provide an opportunity for continued dialogue with Sri Lankan authorities and stakeholders, and will inform the longer term peacebuilding programme of the United Nations in support of Sri Lanka.
Mr. Jenča will also participate in the UN Day event in Colombo on 24 October to celebrate the twin milestones of the UN’s 70th anniversary and Sri Lanka’s 60th anniversary since becoming a Member State.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023