UN panel of experts call for submissions
The UN panel of experts advising the Secretary General on alleged violations of international human rights and humanitarian law during the final stages of the conflict in Sri Lanka has called for written submissions.
Those who wish to make submissions may make one written submission not exceeding ten pages. It must include the contact details of witness say the panel.
The panel led by former Indonesian Attorney General Marzuki Darusman will receive submissions until 15 December 2010 and the submissions may be sent to email@example.com
UN says that submissions made to the Panel of Experts will be treated as confidential.
UN Secretary General’s spokesman Farhan Haq told BBC Sinhala service that Secretary General Ban Ki-moon when he met President Mahinda Rajapaksa recently in New York, discussed how to move forward on commitments made in the joint statement of May 2009 .
The joint statement was issued after the secretary general’s visit to Sri Lanka.
“They discussed on accountability, reconciliation, and a political settlement,” said Farhan Haq.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023