Underworld contract to kill Gota
Judicial Medical Officer (JMO) Dr. Sinniah Sivaruban, who was arrested by the Jaffna Terrorism Investigation Division (TID) while serving at the Palai Hospital, has requested TID officers to increase the security of Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) Presidential candidate Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
He has further revealed that a group of gunmen has been deployed by the Tamil Diaspora to assassinate Rajapaksa in the run up to the next Presidential Poll.
Dr. Sivaruban told TID officers that the Tamil Diaspora, having realised it would be difficult to assassinate Rajapaksa with the help of former LTTE cadres, has assigned that task to gangsters of the underworld. He had further confided to TID that the Tamil Diaspora has pumped a lot of cash to underworld figures to accomplish the task.
Dr. Sivaruban has also told the TID that besides Rajapaksa, the other VIPs in the hit list of the Tamil Diaspora include Parliamentarian Douglas Devananda and former Minister Karuna Amman.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Rasadi Gamage)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023