UNF to form new national Government: Rajitha
While stating that it will form a new national government, the United National Front (UNF) yesterday invited all parties to join it.
UNF seniors Rajitha Senaratne, Kabir Hashim and Patali Champika Ranwaka who revealed this to the media at Temple Trees yesterday said any party interested could join the new government.
“We will invite all parties to join but we will specially invite SLFP initially to join the party,” Dr Senaratne said.
Asked as to why they are trying to divide parties, Mr. Ranawaka said they don’t intend buying over MPs but making an honest request with the intention of pulling the country through from the present crisis. “What we intend doing is to pull the country through the present crisis,” he said.
Referring to the cross over for UNP MP Dunesh Gankanda, Mr. Hashim said a vast majority of MPs in the UNP are with the party and will stay on though few of them were bought over.
Asked whether they could form a government at a time Parliament is prorogued, Dr Senaratne said they are confident that the House could be convened by Friday.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Day dreamer! This Gentleman Gave outdated law medications and removed from office. What credibility he has? He already having 7 ships.
the question is whether ranil was unconstitutionally removed from office after 19th amendment and also quoting the nine governors who are not MP shows the desperation of Mr Sirisena
This frickin’ Governors and the frickin’ Provincial Councils should be abolished.
The whole PC system is a licence to Councillors, Governors and PC Public Servants to STEAL national wealth.