UNP appoints new office bearers
The UNP politburo today nominated Akila Viraj Kariyawasam for the post of General Secretary, He was formerly the Deputy General Secretary.
Kabir Hashim has been named as the new Chairman of the UNP, Navin Dissanayake is the National organizer, Dr. Harsha De Silva for the post of Treasurer and Ruwan Wijewardene for the post of Deputy General Secretary.
Meanwhile former minister Ravi Karunanayake has also retained his position as the Assistant Leader of the UNP.
The party members appointed to the other positions are expected to be announced tomorrow (26).
The Politburo of the UNP convened today to decide on the several vacant and new positions within the party as a new board of officials should be presented at the next UNP Working Committee meeting.
List of new office bearers:
- General Secretary – Akila Viraj Kariyawasam
- Chairman – Kabir Hashim
- National Organiser – Navin Dissanayake
- Deputy Leader – Sajith Premadasa
- Assistant Leader – Ravi Karunanayake
- Treasurer – Dr. Harsha de Silva
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between Deputy Leader and Assistant Leader? Is the Assistant Leader comes under Deputy Leader or the Leader?
The fathers of two of the leaders indicated above were severly corrupt.
The two leaders should first and foremost, relinquish all family wealth prior to embarking on the new journey.
This is RW playing silly buggers on his followers by appointing Deputy Leader, Assistant Leader etc to keep everyone guessing who the real successor will be.
RW really would like to have Ruwan Wijewardane succeed him as UNP leader.
To get there, he is pitting Son of RP and Penthouse RK against each other, causing division, to promote Ruwan at the right time!
No future for UNP
Also UNP never able to contest alone in any Presidential election nor GE
Next level should form a new party, else backbenches will be there forever and ever