UNP urges government to compensate the severely affected by COVID-19
Posted in Local News
The United National Party (UNP) yesterday urged the government to grant a dole to those who are engaged in daily odd jobs as they are the ones who are mostly affected by the crisis brought on by the spread of COVID-19.
“A dole has to be paid for those who depend on daily odd jobs as they cannot engage in any work in the prevailing situation,” UNP Secretary Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said speaking at a press conference.
“Those who engaged in odd jobs on a daily basis cannot find work in the prevailing situation. We would have given an allowance to the helpless if we were in office,” he added.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023