Unsuitable persons in COVID task force – SJB
Samagi Jana Balawegaya Parliamentarian Dr. Rajitha Senaratne says appointing unsuitable individuals as part of the Presidential Task Force for the Prevention of COVID-19, is one of the main reasons for the current crisis within Sri Lanka.
Speaking to media in Colombo the MP said, such a problematic situation would not have arisen, if the Health Ministry was granted full decision-making authority.
The Parliamentarian explained a PCR test is conducted when an individual succumbs to the coronavirus, and takes two to three days for the results to be released.
He also noted that the data would be published later than expected due to this delay.
MP Senaratne claimed there were no concerns in deaths being reported the way it is at present.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Mate, Dr Rajitha,
You saying ‘unsuitable individuals’ ??
What a joke.
When you were in power recently, all your good intentions were wrecked by the Komis Karayas appointed to manage hospitals.
Mate, look yourself in the mirror before you open the lower orifice in your face.
Health ministers of SL, should set example, by getting treatment in our local hospitals when in power. Hon Minister gone to Singapore hospitals for treatments, if records are straight. No ethics to comment on others?