Uva Chief Minister surrenders to police
Uva Province Chief Minister Chamara Sampath Dassanayake surrendered to the Badulla Police this morning in connection with a incident in which he was accused of forcing a lady Principal kneel in front of him.
Police spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara said that the chief minister surrendered to the Badulla Police Station through a lawyer this morning (23).
He is to be produced at the Badulla Magistrate’s Court today.
The Badulla Police commenced investigations after the female principal of a Tamil Girls’ School in Badulla lodged a complaint with the Police that she was forced to kneel because she had refused to enroll a student recommended by the Chief Minister.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023