Vass Gunawardena granted bail
Posted in Local News
Former DIG Vaas Gunawardena and four others have been released on bail by Colombo High Courts, today (16).
They were arrested over the murder of a businessman in Bambalapitiya.
However, Gunawardena will have to remain in the remand custody since he has also been charged in another case for alleged possession of firearms, reporter said.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023