Ven. Gnanasara may be released on Feb. 4: Duminda
UPFA MP Duminda Dissanayake said yesterday he was confident that the President would release Bodu Bala Sena (BBS) general secretary the Ven. Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thera on February 4.
He told this to the media after visiting the monk at the Welikada prison and said he had spoken to President about releasing the monk.
“The Thera should be released on the Independence Day after considering the service he rendered to the country, to Sinhala Buddhists and his struggle to protect the Buddhism in the country,” MP said. Ven. Gnanasara Thera was sentenced to 19-years imprisonment to be served in six years, after being found guilty of the charge of contempt of court.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Chaturanga Samarawickrama)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
This is a clear example that Justice and the whole mechanism controls by politicians.
I was an admirer of Duminda Dissanayake in the 2014-15 presidential election.
I admired the way he stood up to the Rakjapaksa led regime.
But now, he appears to be a lapdog of the Pollonnaruwa Pam***a.
I wish he would stand up to the stupidity of the Ploonnaruwa Pamb**a and rejuvenate the SLFP.
Dear Maraya, Yes I agree. There are politicians who threw stones to the courts! But that is not considered as an insult to the court!