Ven. Gnanasara Thera arrested
Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Ven. Galagoda Aththe Gnanasara Thera has been arrested after he surrendered to the Homagama police, a short while ago on Tuesday (26) morning.
A warrant was issued by the Homagama Magistrate’s Court for the arrest of Gnanasara Thera, yesterday.
The warrant was issued by Homagama Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake on the charges of allegedly threatening Sandhya Eknaligoda, the wife of missing journalist Prageeth Eknaligoda, at the court premises.
Sandhya Eknaligoda had arrived at the premises for the hearing into the Habeas Corpus case in connection with the disappearance case.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023