Ven. Sobhitha’s satyagraha today – In support of 19 A
The Convener of the National Movement for Social Justice, Ven. Maduluwawe Sobhitha Thera will commence a satyagraha today at the Independence Square demanding political parties to pass the 19th Amendment to the Constitution.
The Thera and representatives of civil society groups will hold a press briefing opposite Dr. N.M. Perera statue at 9 a.m. today. Then they will leave to the Independent Square and commence a Satyagraha until the 19th Amendment to the Constitution is passed. If the 19th Amendment is not passed the Thera will conduct a continuous Satyagraha.
Ven. Sobitha Thera requested all MPs to support the 19th Amendment to the Constitution to strengthen democracy of Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Harming one’s life including self like making various demands is against Buddhist teachings.
bold steps taken by the ven.athi pujya.sobitha thera.if i would be in srilanka defenetly i join the team.
Well done n I agree with awhile.