Ven.Sobitha Thera’s initiatives deserve accolades – MR
Posted in Local News
Former President and Parliamentarian Mahinda Rajapaksa has issued a condolence message in view of the death of the Ven. Sobitha Thera.
Mahinda Rajapaksa has referred to the noble services discharged by the prelate and how he earned the respects of the public for his preaching. Rajapaksa has said that Ven.Sobitha Thero has visited even the border villages when there were terrorist issues.
In his condolence message the Rajapaksa has said that the Ven. Thera’s initiatives deserve accolades.
“I wish the Thero may attain the supreme bliss of Nibbana”, former President has added.
(Government News Portal)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023