Victory for UPFA
Posted in Local News
The United People’s Freedom Alliance led by President Mahinda Rajapaksa has won all three provincial councils –North Central, Eastern and Sabaragamuwa – at Saturday’s Provincial Council election.
The UPFA was able to win all the three Provincial Councils obtaining 51.05 per cent of the total votes and securing 63 seats. The main opposition UNP obtained 27.67 per cent, TNA obtained 9.63 per cent and the SLMC 6.46 per cent.
Significantly, the UPFA won 14 seats in the Eastern Provincial Council, while the Tamil National Alliance secured 11.
Courtesy: DM Online
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
Subama suba Anagatayak wewa
Mr.president,i wish you a very bright future and god Bless You….
This is more a defeat for the Ranil Wickramasinghe led UNP
Ranil, please resign.
Hope TNA will wrap up their mission and go back.
TNA is calling UNP to join hands to form a Eastern Province provincial government. If Ranil agrees that will be the last nail to bury UNP.
Quite so Nihal, Ranil has nothing more to loose. He will join with even the devil to stay as the leader of the UNP, unless the membership throws him out into the dust bin.