Vote on account to be tabled in Parliament today
The new government at its first meeting held yesterday approved a vote on account submitted by finance and media minister Mangala Samaraweera to cover state expenditure for the first four months of year 2019, and that is to be presented and approved in parliament today.
The new cabinet convened under the patronage of president Maithreepala Sirisena and prime minister Ranil Wickramasinghe after the swearing in ceremony yesterday.
Out of a total Government expenditure of Rs. 1,765 billion a sum of 970 billion has been set apart for servicing debts.
This amounts to 55 percent of Government expenditure for the first four months of 2019.
Upon its approval, all state expenditure will be continuously processed from January 1st onwards.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023