Vote on account to be tabled in Parliament today
The new government at its first meeting held yesterday approved a vote on account submitted by finance and media minister Mangala Samaraweera to cover state expenditure for the first four months of year 2019, and that is to be presented and approved in parliament today.
The new cabinet convened under the patronage of president Maithreepala Sirisena and prime minister Ranil Wickramasinghe after the swearing in ceremony yesterday.
Out of a total Government expenditure of Rs. 1,765 billion a sum of 970 billion has been set apart for servicing debts.
This amounts to 55 percent of Government expenditure for the first four months of 2019.
Upon its approval, all state expenditure will be continuously processed from January 1st onwards.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023