We have a plan to address the COVID crisis and rebuild the economy – UNP
The United National Party says it has a clear alternative plan to address the coronavirus crisis and rebuild the economy.
Speaking during a media briefing, former Parliamentarian Professor Ashu Marasinghe said the UNP has proposed a 21-point program to deal with the current crisis with emphasis given to four important areas, health, education, economy and environment.
Former MP Marasinghe said Parliament powers should also be used effectively to deal with the crisis.
He said politicians and the general public should commend the work carried out by the health sector workers and other state employees during the past one and a half years.
Former MP Ashu Marasinghe said no faction should politicize the COVID-19 pandemic and urged all parties to work together to tackle the crisis which is impacting the entire country.
He said as a responsible political party, the UNP has presented its proposals to successfully deal with the health emergency while taking measures to strengthen the economy.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
Does any of your plans works. So far not.
Anyone listening to these ‘dead men walking’?
They had a good 5 years under the Pambyaya and they lost the plot.