We missed out the real champion, Mali my bad – Rohit Sharma
Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma and Chennai Super Kings player Suresh Raina turned selectors on their recent chat session on Instagram as the due picked their combined MI-CSK ultimate XI.
The two cricketers created a star-studded line-up which included the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Mathew Hayden, and Dwayne Bravo and is captained by MS Dhoni, however, the two missed out on some big names. Rohit Sharma after that apologised to Lasith Malinga for not including him in the team.
Mumbai Indians shared Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina’s combined MI-CSK XI on their official Twitter handle and captain Sharma felt bad for missing out on Lasith Maling in the team so the hitman gave champion Malinga an honourable mention. ‘We missed out the real champion, Mali my bad’ the 33-year-old replied on MI’s post.
Lasith Malinga is one of the most decorated players to ever play in the cash-rich league. The Sri Lankan pace machine joined Mumbai Indians in 2008 and since then has won four titles with them under the leadership of Rohit Sharma. The 36-year-old is also the leading wicket-taker in the competition’s history with 170 scalps in 122 matches.
Speaking of the team selected by Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina, Sachin Tendulkar and Matthew Hayden open the batting followed by Ambati Rayudu, Faf Du Plessis, Kieron Pollard and MS Dhoni. Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo are the three all-rounders. While Jasprit Bumrah and Harbhajan Singh are the specialist bowlers.
MI-CSK Combined Playing XI: Sachin Tendulkar, Matthew Hayden, Faf du Plessis, Ambati Rayudu, Kieron Pollard, MS Dhoni (C), Dwayne Bravo, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Harbhajan Singh.
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023