Website with fuel availability information shut down – fuel queues become worse
With existing fuel stocks almost exhausted, the website indicating fuel availability at filling stations, which was made and was being managed by the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC) and Information and Communication Technology Agency (ICTA), has been temporarily shut down.
According to a notice on the website, https://fuel.gov.lk the site had been temporarily closed due to instructions of relevant authorities.
“We are compelled to temporarily suspend https://fuel.gov.lk as per instructions received. We regret any inconvenience caused in this regard. We will notify the public no sooner than we are able to resume operations to provide fuel bowser dispatch information,” said a notice issued by ICTA.
However, queues at filling stations across the country were seen today as well.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023