Will fight against politics involving drug kingpins: Rajitha
Fisheries Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne today in Parliament vowed to fight against politics involving drug kingpins and underworld.
In response to some comments made against him by a private radio channel, he said that he never dares to take a tough stand against drug dealings and underworld activities. Referring to the Mulleriyawa shooting incident, he said that Bharata Lakshman Premachandra who was killed in the incident was one of his close political colleagues.
“We did politics together in the Mahajana Party at that time. We do not shy away from drug dealers and underworld leaders. One radio channel has started attacking me. I am not bothered about it at all. I have been subjected to attacks more serious than this in the past. I will not stop my journey despite such attempts. I joined the government in the national interest. Yet, some persons joined the government only to get their licenses back,” he said.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023