Wimal admitted to Kurunegala Hospital
Housing and Construction Minister Wimal Weerawansa was reported to have fallen ill this morning and admitted to the Kurunegala Hospital. He was on his way to Trincomalee to attend the provincial council election campaign.
The MSD officers immediately rushed him to the hospital and admitted him to the Emergency Treatment and Accident Service Unit. Later he was transferred to its Cardiology Intensive Care Unit. A hospital spokesman said the minister’s condition was improving.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023