Deputy Minister Basheer Segu Dawood tenders his resignation
Deputy Minister of Co-operatives and Internal Trade Basheer Segu Dawood has tendered his resignation from the Deputy Ministerial post to the President today. Speaking to Ada Derana Segu Dawood claimed that he intends to carryout SLMC propaganda work for the upcoming Provincial Councils elections.
He added that to carryout propaganda work with a clear conscience and not to use government property for election propaganda he tendered his resignation. He also added he hoped that this move would also dispel rumours that he was about to leave the SLMC and join the Government.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023