Wimal angry over attacks against Lankans
Minister Wimal Weerawansa sounded an alarm over the anti Sri Lankan attitude by the Tamil Nadu government and asked what the consequences would if Sri Lankans chose to treat thousands of Tamil Nadu citizens who regularly visited Sri Lanka in a similar manner.
The minister urged the Indian government to prevail upon what he described as the politically and racially motivated foolish actions of Tamil Nadu politicians and prevent a possible catastrophic situation that would seriously harm the interests of both countries.
He said the Indian government must take immediate steps to prevent the anti Sri Lankan campaign in Tamil Nadu and put an end to hostilities against Sri Lankans before it got out of hand.
The minister told a news conference that Tamil Nadu authorities had forced sportsmen and defence personnel to leave the state resulting from racially influenced policies.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023