Woman CI Samarakoon to assume duties as OIC of new Naalla Police Station
Woman Chief Inspector Kanchana Samarakoon will assume duties as the OIC of Naalla Police Station in Gampaha tomorrow, the Public Security Ministry said.
The new police station will be opened by Public Security Minister Sarath Weerasekera tomorrow.
This was the 2nd time in the history of Sri Lanka Police that a female police officer will hold the OIC post.
Chief Inspector Kanchana Samarakoon was born in Hemmatagama in Kegalle and was educated at the Kegalle Girls’ College.
She joined the Sri Lanka Police as a female Sub Inspector in 1997 and has served in various divisions including Chilaw, Vavuniya, Gampaha, Mirigama, Nittambuwa and the CID.
Her husband also serves as a Chief Inspector of Police attached to the Ministerial Security Division.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Darshana Sanjeewa Balasuriya)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023