Woman throws her child into Kelani River, attempts suicide
A 42-year-old woman who attempted suicide after throwing her 5-year-old son into the Kelani River from the Kadirana Bridge in Wattala was apprehended by locals residents in the area and handed over to the police.
According to reports, the woman who had arrived on crutches last night had thrown her child into the river and had attempted to jump into the river herself when she was rescued by persons in the vicinity.
The Police said that the search operation is continuing to find the missing boy using fishing boats with the assistance of the Sri Lanka Navy.
The mother is a resident of Hendala, Wattala.
Police said that the arrested woman is to be produced at the Welisara Magistrate’s Court today (June 16).
The Police said that the Wattala Police are conducting further investigations.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
This is where the Coward hiding in the Bunker and the rest of his Raja Pavula have driven us.
No choice, dear Citizens, jump into the nearest river while the R-Pavula is enjoying life in Sate sponsored palaces and in the Shanagri-La.
Excellent comment Roxie,
The streets of Colombo are filled with Citizens in despair.
I fear social uprising and violence.
The R-Pavula is buying the 2nd luxury resort in the Maldives.
i fear the future.