Another man dies in petrol queue
A man who was standing in a queue to buy petrol at Wekada petrol shed in Panadura died this morning (June 16), police said.
The victim had been admitted to the Panadura Hospital this morning due to a sudden illness while waiting in line to get fuel for the three-wheeler with his son since last night (June 15).
According to the police, the deceased, a 53-year-old father of three.
He was a three-wheeler driver by profession living in Hirana, Panadura.
Meanwhile, in a separate incident, a man transporting a gas cylinder using a wheelbarrow died due to a sudden illness in the Pugoda area.
The deceased has been identified as a 64-year-old man from the area, police said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023