Yala drowning: Mother also dies
The mother who was receiving treatment at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a private hospital, Colombo after a family drowned in Yala beach, Kirinda, has passed away, last night (29).
The family of four who were residents of Nuwara Eliya were dragged by strong currents in the Kirinda Sea off Yala on June 23.
The man (38), his wife and the two daughters – aged four and seven- were rescued from the currents and were rushed to the Kirinda and Debarawewa hospitals, however, the man and two daughters were pronounced dead on admission last Sunday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023