Young woman died and her sister injured in a train accident in Wellawatte
Posted in Local News
A 20-year old woman had died and her sister was injured after they were hit by a moving train in Wellawatte last night (July 28), police said.
The accident took place last night when the train travelling from Colombo Fort to Aluthgama collided near the Police Life Saving Unit of the Wellawatte Police division.
The two young women who were seriously injured in the accident were admitted to Kalubowila Hospital and one of them succumbed to her injuries, Police said.
The deceased was a resident of Udapussellawa.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023