Yuvraj Singh wants return to action after cancer treatment
Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh is hoping to return to action this year after undergoing cancer treatment.
The 30-year-old was diagnosed with lung cancer in February and has been undergoing treatment in America.
“Playing for India is going to be a huge challenge for me because the body has been under a lot of shock which nobody can understand except me,” said the former Yorkshire player.
“Only a cancer patient can understand what I am going through.”
Yuvraj, who last played for India in a home Test series against West Indies in November, has featured in 37 tests, 274 one-day internationals and 23 Twenty20 matches since his international debut in 2000.
He has already begun light training and is hoping for a return in time for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, which gets under way in September, but knows he faces a hard few months.
“I’ve done six or seven sessions of very light training and light yoga. I’m just getting back into the groove of being a normal person, breathing normally, which is a lot of excitement and fun for me at the moment.
“So it’s going to be a big challenge for me to come back and play for India again.”
BBC / Getty Images
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023