100,000 litres of nano-nitrogen liquid fertiliser to arrive from India
The first consignment of 100,000 litres of Nano Nitrogen liquid fertilizer from India will arrive in Sri Lanka today (19).
The Ministry of Agriculture confirmed yesterday that this consignment will be arriving today. This consignment is part of the 3.1 million litres of the Nano Nitrogen fertilizer ordered by Sri Lanka from India.
The Ministry said the fertiliser that will arrive in the island via air freight will be distributed for cultivation of paddy and other crops.
The decision was taken to import 3.1 million litres of nano-nitrogen liquid fertiliser following a discussion at the Presidential Secretariat yesterday (18) morning.
The Ministry said the import of nano-nitrogen liquid fertiliser is expected to cost around Rs.2.9 billion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023