197 Sri Lankans arrive in the island from Dubai
A group of 197 Sri Lankans stranded in Dubai due to travel restrictions amidst the coronavirus pandemic has arrived in the island this morning, onboard a special SriLankan Airlines flight.
SriLankan Airlines flight UL-226 had landed at the Bandaranaike International Airport at 6.20am today.
Air Force personnel had proceeded to subject all passengers to disinfection upon their arrival.
Airport health units and security officers had also measured the body temperatures of returnees.
In addition to these measures airport officers had also personally inspected the group to determine if any of the passengers showed symptoms of COVID-19.
The group was then directed to undergo quarantine procedures by the Sri Lanka Army.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023