33 Sri Lankans quarantined at Diyatalawa to return home
The 33 Sri Lankan students, who returned from Wuhan, China and quarantined at the Diyatalawa Army Camp were released this morning, Army spokesman Brigadier Chandana Wickramasinghe said.
They have departed the quarantine facility to meet Commander of Army Lieutenant General Shavendra Silva at the Army Headquarters in Akuregoda.
UPDATE: The 33 Sri Lankans quarantined at Diyatalawa arrived at Akuregoda Army Headquarters to leave for their homes this evening.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024