56,326 nabbed for violating curfew thus far
Posted in Local News
More than 56,000 persons have been arrested thus far for violating curfew regulations since curfew was first imposed.
Police said as of 6 this morning 56,326 persons have been arrested since the 20th of March while 15,490 vehicles have been seized by Police.
620 persons were arrested between 6am yesterday and 6am today while 274 vehicles were seized during the 24 hours ending at 6am.
Meanwhile the Police Media Unit said 13,556 cases have been filed against individuals who violated curfew since the 18th of March while 5,221 fines have also been imposed.
(Source: News Radio)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
is this curfew without a declaration of emergency legal also what will happen to the vehicles seized