56,326 nabbed for violating curfew thus far
More than 56,000 persons have been arrested thus far for violating curfew regulations since curfew was first imposed.
Police said as of 6 this morning 56,326 persons have been arrested since the 20th of March while 15,490 vehicles have been seized by Police.
620 persons were arrested between 6am yesterday and 6am today while 274 vehicles were seized during the 24 hours ending at 6am.
Meanwhile the Police Media Unit said 13,556 cases have been filed against individuals who violated curfew since the 18th of March while 5,221 fines have also been imposed.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023