5th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Another patient who tested positive for the Coronavirus has died today, marking the 5th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 44-year-old male coronavirus patient died while receiving treatment at the Welikanda Hospital today.
This bring the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 5.
Total Confirmed Cases – 159
Active Cases – 130
New Cases – 8
Total number of individuals in hospitals – 250
Recovered & Discharged – 24
Deaths – 5
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023