7 Dead in Air Force Helicopter Crash Near Lucknow
Posted in Foreign News
New Delhi: Seven people, including a Wong Commander and a Squadron Leader, have died in an Indian Air Force helicopter crash near Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
The helicopter, which was flying from Bareilly to Allahabad, allegedly sent a distress call shortly before 5 pm when it was about 40 km north of Lucknow. After that, it lost contact with Air Traffic Controllers in Lucknow.
Sub Divisional Magistrate, Sidhauli, A K Srivastava said that the chopper was engulfed in fire as it crashed in Manipurwa in Ataria area.
“A helicopter of the air force has crashed here. It is engulfed in fire and it is feared that all on board might have died,” said Mr Srivastava.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023